Dr. med. Andreas Zarth
Having good vision today is a common expectation including the correction of visual impairments. Using glasses, contact lenses or operations to change the refractive effect of the eye almost any refractive error (short, long, stick, presbyopia) or other vision impairments can be corrected. Advanced technology allows accurate diagnosis, even when vision difficulties are initially unclear. There are also modern treatment methods available for more difficult to treat vision-threatening diseases. Ophthalmology is considered to be one of the most developed fields of medical science.
In our clinic, we offer the entire spectrum of modern ophthalmology. Our technical infrastructure is comparible to an outpatient hospital based eye clinic. This allows for a comprehensive and clarifying diagnosis visiting one place on the same day.
For essential operations or laser procedures we will refer you to the appropriate specialist clinics.
Our task is to preserve the health of your visual system and to provide whenever possible optimal vision at all life stages, despite certain eye diseases. Preventive care is an important component. Regular ophthalmological examination can be recomended not only after the age of 40th.
The most common diseases diagnosed and treated in the field of ophthalmology are:
- Dry eye - Keratoconjunctivitis sicca
- Inflammation - Conjunctivitis (pink eye, inflamation of eyelid margins or the choroid membrane)
- Diseases of the eyelids
- Short sightedness - Myopia
- Far sightedness - Hyperopia
- Corneal curvature - Astigmatism, Astigamtismus
- Vitreous fluid opacities and other iregularities - Mouches Volantes
- Macular degeneration and peripheral retinal defects
- Squinting problems - Strabismus
- Clouding of Lens - Cataracts
- Abnormal eye pressure - Glaucoma
- Corneal changes - Keratoconus
- Retinal damage from diabetes and high blood pressure – retinopathy